Just “Click” on Linkage to view the Newsletter
Download the Linkage as a PDF file to your Computer
NAMI Fast Track Resource Guide
Tools and Resources for NAMI Leaders
Fast-Track Resource Guide <- Click Here to Download
NAMI Wisconsin 14th Annual
2020 Healing Arts Show Video
Click Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FKD5pPqRj8&t=2s
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
The below monograph examines a wide range of evidence-based practices for screening and assessment of people in the justice system who have co-occurring mental and substance use disorders (CODs). Use of evidence-based approaches for screening and assessment is likely to result in more accurate matching of offenders to treatment services and more effective treatment and supervision outcomes. This monograph is intended as a guide for clinicians, case managers, program and systems administrators, community supervision staff, jail and prison booking and healthcare staff, law enforcement, court personnel, researchers, and others who are interested in developing and operating effective programs for justice-involved individuals who have CODs. Key systemic and clinical challenges are discussed, as well as state-of-the art approaches for conducting screening and assessment.
Click Here -> SAMSA Screening of Co-Occurring Disorders
Navigating the Experience
NAMI Wisconsin offers a reference tool: Navigating the System. You can download the entire manual or, access individual sections of it while online. Scroll down to download your own PDF copy to your computer
Click There -> Navigating+the+Experience
Or, you can connect directly to Navigating the Experience for the same content by Clicking on the individual chapters below:
Navigating the Experience
Table of Contents
- Mental Illness Overview
- What is Schizophrenia?
- What is Bipolar Disorder?
- What is Schizoaffective Disorder?
- What is Major Depression?
- What are Anxiety Disorders?
- Mental Health Services Overview
- Developing a Relationship with your Provider
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Inpatient Care
- Housing and Residential Care
- Peer Support
- Peer Run Respite
- Dual Diagnosis Services
- Complementary Approaches
- Working With Providers: Tips For People Living With Mental Illness & Their Families
- Hope And Recovery (Full Section)
- Mental Health Crisis Overview
- What is a Crisis?
- Basic Steps to Take in a Crisis
- Safe Police Interactions
- Tools for Crisis Prevention
- Introduction to Civil Commitments
- What is a Commitment?
- Why do Commitments Occur?
- How does a Commitment Begin?
- How does an Emergency Detention Work?
- Commitment Process and Possible Outcomes
- What Are My Rights?
- Healthy Relationships Overview
- Self-Care: Tips for Family Members
- Guidance for Family Members: Healing Relationships During Crises
- Guidance for Family Members: Disagreements about Treatment Needs
- Guidance for Family Members: Responding to Delusions
- Self-Advocacy In The Workplace
- Resources For Criminal Justice Issues
- Advocate For Change!
- Sample Documents
- Resource Directory